Saturday, 1 July 2017

🍁 Happy Canada Day! (Update)

Happy 150th Birthday Canada!

I'm not terribly patriotic. We're spending the day and night in because we know everything will be bat shit crazy and we prefer it on the quieter side. I just got back from a two week impromptu vacation where I had nothing but peace and quiet and coming back to a bunch of loud mouthed drunks with no manners is not my cup of tea lol. My hope is that the events downtown will keep people from frequenting the old bar next door.

I have my new blog up if you wish to follow it. I will be posting sewing and home decor shit on there from here on in. I had been going back to my vintage sewing blog but despite having nearly fifty followers only three people actually read what I write on there, so I'm thinking I might do the same and amalgamate all the blogs into one. Yes the new blog looks very straight edge. I need it to be non-threatening to my would-be customers. And yeah, I'm under a different name, for those who know me personally and didn't know I legally changed it. As of yet I haven't opened up the shop but I'd like to get on it asap. I only have two posts right now, but I have a crap ton of projects to finish, photos of my sewing projects to post, and I'm scheduled to release the fall product line by the end of the month.

A forewarning, my art is kitschy as hell. I'm capable of fine art but I enjoy making the modern day equivalent to 50's chachkies. I've gotten a lot of criticism on my work from family, saying it's too expensive or they don't get it, and I'm okay with that, they're not my target audience, and you guys might not be either, but it is an art blog so some of the blog will feature my products. Just be aware that when you see some kitschy pumpkin figurine pop up in your feed - it's me!

Have a safe and Happy Canada Day, lovelies!


6 comments:

  1. Good luck with the new blog and future customers! And hopefully you did have a nice and peaceful Canada Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I did, my brother showed up with pizza, you can't beat that!

      Delete
  2. Ah, halloween kitsch is my jam. I already enjoy what I saw and I JUST started following your new blog (shame on me for not doing it sooner!).
    I hear ya on the patriotic festivities, I do love the fireworks but the crowds... hmm, just can't get into the whole drunken vibes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray for kitsch! My profs used to shake their head at me for saying that in my undergrad lol. I just love Halloween die-cuts and head bobbers, it's rad. Thanks for following! I'm gonna be re-following blogs on the new account soon, there's a lot to go through but it's fun starting over.

      Delete
  3. I hope you had a great Canada Day! I will go over and look at your new blog! Be proud of your art! It's you! Many people don't get my art either and that's fine with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) I love your art! We can't please everyone, right?

      Delete

***ATTENTION*** I will not publish comments that contain offensive subject matter or self promotion (advertisements or links to your website). I have never commented spam on your blog so please do not spam mine.
\( ^ - ^ )/
Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...​​