Monday, 26 December 2016

Merry Christmas!







PIC HEAVY! >.<

Merry Christmas! Blessed Yule! Happy whatever you may have celebrated this week! Christmas went fairly well for us, the only downside was an injury sustained by our cat Nori - something with his paw, we'll have to take him to the vet once holiday hours are over, for now he wears the cone of shame. I baked my ass off. I planned on baking gingerbread cookies earlier this month. They were supposed to be for my birthday but I kept putting it off, so I baked them on Christmas Eve instead. I got this bright idea to make Nanaimo bars. When we were kids we used to eat these at Christmas, my Nana made them. I believe they're a Canadian thing, originally form BC. They're really good but super rich. They have a coconut/graham cracker chocolate base with custard cream filling and a top layer of chocolate. Super decadent. So sweet in fact that I resorted to scarfing down a bag of carrots after eating only two bars. If you plan on trying them cut them into smaller squares and not the two inch bars you see in photographs, and cut them with a hot knife to make sure the chocolate doesn't crack. There are no photos of mine because I did a terrible job cutting them lol.

I spent most of Christmas Eve day baking and decorating cookies. I started at 10 am and finished at 5:30 pm. My family came over at 7 and we watched What We Do in the Shadows while snacking on treats. On Christmas day I hung out with my guy, watched 90's cartoons and ate gingerbread cookies. We visited family briefly in the afternoon, made a delicious dinner (where I tried champagne for the first time- yuck!), drove around looking at Christmas lights and polished it off with Krampus (I didn't really care for it other than the costumes and puppets). I was saddened to hear George Michael died. I was singing Last Christmas about a hundred times over the weekend, I couldn't stop doing it. It's weird because I'm not even that big on the song but it was stuck in my head! I always thought it was Boy George who sang it because they sound similar. When it came on in the car last night I had asked "didn't he die?" not realizing it was Wham instead of Boy George (or that either man was still alive at this point). Imagine my dismay... to come home and an hour later have George Michael's death pop up in the news feed. How in the hell??!! I felt bad like I had jinxed him or something. His song "Faith" was number one on the day I was born. Rather bummed. First Bowie. Then Prince. Now Michael. :( Too many musicians lost this year.

I hope you all had a good holiday! I've been hanging out in my sewing room sewing stuff. I'm working on a velvet skater skirt, almost done, I'll share it here upon completion. Soon maybe I might sew a dress, I'm not sure. I want to get some drawing done this week before New Years. Busy busy busy. I'm also in the process of planning a mini vacation, but more on that later.

Tell me about your Christmas! :)

Best,

6 comments:

  1. wow - your cookies are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've had a lot of practice. :)

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas! Your decorations and those gingerbread look lovely! I hope your cat will soon have a healthy paw. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) I had a lot of fun decorating the gingerbread houses. I ate most of the decorations though lol. Nori goes to the vet tomorrow, I'm wishing for a speedy recovery as he absolutely hates wearing the cone!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a great Christmas! I hope your cat is better! Your house looks beautiful!! The treats look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was lovely. :) My cat goes in for surgery tomorrow, we're testing for an auto-immune disease, not sure what to think at this point I just hope things will get better for him!

      Delete

***ATTENTION*** I will not publish comments that contain offensive subject matter or self promotion (advertisements or links to your website). I have never commented spam on your blog so please do not spam mine.
\( ^ - ^ )/
Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...​​