Wednesday, 12 October 2016

Halloween Shopping 2016


Cool Halloween Finds!

If you're like me Halloween is every day. Many of the items being advertised as "Halloween" in the alt and Goth shop sites aren't exactly new or specific to Halloween, at least in my eyes. Much of which I would wear on any given day! Hell, I still have my Halloween panties collection and I wear my Hello Kitty Halloween jammies every month of the year. That being said, I thought it might be fun to do up two mood boards featuring pieces that I think reflect Halloween fairly well. 

Glampira

I am a huge Universal Monster movie addict. I have the blu-ray box set and I adore breaking it out on a stormy night. In my catalog search I came across a number of items that screamed Universal Monsters to me. These boots are to die for!! I love them! Sadly they are a Demonia product but if I ever came across a pair on super sale I'd be tempted to scoop them, with those adorable little bats and that clunky Franken-heel, what's not to love? Pair it with these hot spiderweb stockings from Sourpuss and matching purse from Rock Rebel (I have lightning bolt earrings which would look stellar with this bag). I love the colour green, electric chartreuse makes my heart sing! I carried it into these cute bone hair clips from Kreepsville, with a skelly cat pin and Halloween necklace. The Vampyra mask is unfortunately only for decoration, although Sourpuss offers up plenty of vintage Halloween repro items, including a remake of a classic fortune telling game, this mask is intended to hang on your wall... I think it would be better if it were a real mask, don't you?

Shoes: Demonia Camel 201 
Brooch: Creep Heart Jellybean Cat Mini Pin
Bag: Rock Rebel Frankenstein Lace Handbag
Hair clips: Kreepsville 666 Gem Bone Hair Clips
Socks: Sourpuss 17" Knee-high Web Stockings
Necklace: Dolly Cool Halloween Cat and Bat Necklace
MISC: Vampyra Girl Vac-Tastic Plastic Mask



This is Halloween!

Here are some items deserving of Halloween! They're selling out fast, too, not surprisingly as I'm sure many ordinary shoppers see these as an adorable alternative to a Halloween costume. I have been swooning over this cream coloured Halloween themed frock for almost a year now. It's on my to-buy list. I just love classic vintage themed Halloween cats. I'm a cat person, mind you, so maybe it's just another aspect of my cat lady craziness. I think it's very flattering and not too in your face, there's something very reserved and feminine about it. This Lucy Fur sweater also features my favorite Halloween black cat design. I think it really pops and would look sharp paired with a tight colourful trouser. I'm also a fan of Sourpuss sweaters as so far all of mine have stood the test of time. The last dress features fun and girly Kewpie style costumed babies. I like it but not as much as other Halloween dresses. It's growing on me a little, the colour palette is fun and I think it would largely appeal to vintage enthusiasts or cutesy Goths. 

Left: Sourpuss Black Cats Gauzy Dress Cream
Center: Sourpuss Lucy Fur Sweater
Right: Sourpuss Halloween is Everyday Skater Dress

Conclusion

I've seen a few other prints from Sourpuss that are "Halloween" themed but I find them rather drab (black and white cemetery prints). What I enjoy about some of Sourpuss' new releases is that there's colour, something almost unheard of in Goth fashion. Halloween has an abundance of colour and I think it would be nice to see more experimentation in the future, for instance, the Lucy Fur sweater in orange would've been cool to see. Some more electric green or purple! Candy corn too!!! 

What are your thoughts? Find anything cool this year?

Best,

8 comments:

  1. Great finds!! Thank you for sharing! Very cool! I love the boots and the purse!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like them! I love the boots, so funky and cool.

      Delete
  2. My thoughts are that you would look really cute in that cream colored dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Cream is one of those colours that makes me look less corpse like lol.

      Delete
  3. I love those green socks a lot, just like that catpin. There isn't always a lot of Halloween stuff in the Netherlands. But I noticed that a few stores sell a lot of cute and creepy houseware stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love creepy housewares! We don't see that much of it even in Canada, Home Sense is almost the only store I know of that carries Halloween themed dishes. I got a lovely pair of hors d'oeuvres plates that I use for serving sushi, they have skulls on them. :)

      Delete
  4. Oh, I like the cat pin and the other brooches over at Sourpuss' website, they're really cute. I also like the 'Nesting Dolls Mary Lu Dress' (http://www.sourpussclothing.com/sourpuss-nesting-dolls-mary-lu-dress.html)
    When it comes to Halloween prints, I prefer to stick with the monochrome palette, because the rest of the classic Hallowwen - y color palette is way too loud and too contrasting for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a cute dress! Because I'm so pale I find black and white washes me out, so I'm down with a little colour here and there, it brings a hint of life back into my cheeks lol.

      Delete

***ATTENTION*** I will not publish comments that contain offensive subject matter or self promotion (advertisements or links to your website). I have never commented spam on your blog so please do not spam mine.
\( ^ - ^ )/
Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...​​