Tuesday, 18 October 2016

Autumn Leaves


Enjoying Fall Foliage

It hasn't really felt like autumn or Halloween for me recently, but I spend most of my time cooped up indoors so that could explain it. That being said, I don't want to let the season slip me by... I had planned on looking at the fall foliage on an outing with a friend, but unfortunately that has yet to happen and whenever that does take place I'm sure the autumn leaves will have blown away! I missed the leaves changing last year, I couldn't let that happen again. Last weekend we went on a day trip up to our favorite orchard, a yearly tradition for us. We go there for freshly baked apple cider donuts and their award-winning cider. While on our way up we detoured to Parkhill, ON where there's a lovely little lake, a park, and an awesome cemetery! Here are some photos from my adventure. :)







Conclusion

I had a blast! Even though it was rainy the temperature was rather high that day, and having cold wet shoes kind of put me in the mood for delicious warm donuts! My favorite tree (shown last) looked even better in person, sharp lime greens contrasted by vivid reds. I wish I could have lived next door to Parkhill Cemetery. Maybe one day I'll have a beautiful maple tree of my own. Have you been out taking pictures lately?

Best,


12 comments:

  1. What beautiful color you get! Those maples are stunning. Looks like an amazing graveyard as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really happy I have a DSLR now, the colours are much more true to life. The graveyard is probably the best I've come across, it's really well taken care of, you can always tell that by the condition of the trees. :)

      Delete
  2. I've really want to get out with my camera and start taking photos but,the weather has been bad. I love you photos you've captured the colours beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was raining quite a bit when I took these, I had my man follow me around with an umbrella lol. Pretty dreary but it made for perfect lighting, plus I like how the rain makes everything look darker and damp.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! I tried to go leaf peeping over the weekend, but it was too green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trees up north of where I live (in cottage country) always go first. They tend to change around the beginning of October/end of September. I think they started early this year so I missed a lot of it. Here in my city it seems as though they've changed over a single weekend. Two weeks ago there was nearly nothing, now everything is yellow!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful pictures!Our village is beatiful in Autumn, but it's been so grey, rainy and muddy over here, that I simply can't convince myself to go outside...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Aww, I love a little rain but when it's too gross to go outside that's a drag. We're getting the tail end of Hurricane Nicole (? I think that's what they called it). We always get a bunch of rain at the end of October, I hope it doesn't effect Halloween too badly. :/

      Delete
  5. Truly beautiful!! What a wonderful day you had!! I've been taking pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest, I've been meaning to catch up and comment on your blog a number of times now - and I love your autumn themed posts! - but I am sad to say that I suck at blogging this year. I seem to spend most of my social media time on FB and instagram - are you on any of those? I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katarina! :) The last I heard from you was your wonderful wedding wish filled with confetti! It's okay, I know you've been very busy sorting life out and what not. I hope you've had time to get out and socialize, I've been meaning to do more of that myself, I might even see an old friend sometime soon. Halloween is so close but my illness has sort of taken away from the joy of it. I do my best to do as much fall or holiday themed tasks as I can just so I don't regret anything. I've had dreams where I've missed Halloween, they're more like nightmares lol. I haven't done much of my folk art but I've been drawing more and recently purchased an art book I might write about on here. Still working through life and possible career paths. I'm not on FB or Instagram, I actually left the social media world because there was a lot of negativity there in recent months and I could gel with it. I'm still poking around your blog though. :) And you can email whenever you feel like it, no rush, I'm always lingering around somewhere online lol. *hugs*

      Delete

***ATTENTION*** I will not publish comments that contain offensive subject matter or self promotion (advertisements or links to your website). I have never commented spam on your blog so please do not spam mine.
\( ^ - ^ )/
Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...​​