Tuesday, 5 July 2016

Simplicity Vintage DC Bombshells

New Cosplay Patterns by Simplicity Summer of 2016

I'm going to forgo the long drawn out observations on these. I'll sum it up with, I like 'em! What a concept; vintage is hot, cosplay is hot, why not put them together?! I think the most successful pattern is the Wonder Woman costume, it's totally adorable. And I love the vintage Joker costume, mind you I'm biased as I adored the 60's Batman series when I was a girl. Hey, Adam West sounded hot. But that brings up a good question... How can you have a vintage Joker and not a vintage Batman pattern? I hope that means they'll be bringing out more Batman characters, like a vintage Catwoman *drool*. We ♥ Julie Newmar!

There were three other "cosplay" costumes released by Simplicity, but they were so fucking hideous and poorly designed I wouldn't dare post them to my blog lol. Also, they seem to be riding out that Doctor Who fad still... producing some pretty ugly clothing patterns. I think it's time to move on Simplicity, how many variations of a Dalek can you possibly make? Jesus...



What do you guys think??
Best,

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I love DC Bombshells^^ Check this out, you'll find more amazing designs here: http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/DC_Comics_Database ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for linking, I'll look into it. :)

      Delete
  2. Love the "Supergirl's" retro hair and costume!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a nice touch and probably the best interpretation of that character I've seen.

      Delete
  3. OMG I love these. I wish they were the REAL costumes. I always thought Wonder Woman's costume was dumb and impossible to update to the modern day, but like the rosie-the-riveter look is so obvious and perfect I'm shocked they didn't do something like that for a reboot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See it's complicated because Wonder Woman's original costume is technically vintage, but it's boring and and a lot of the time it's drawn to look slutty (maybe that was the point for that hero, let's not forget the "shake thy wonder maker" theme song). I think this interpretation is more tasteful and somehow more empowering than a skimpy little one piece bathing suit. She looks ready to kick some ass!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I'm glad you like them! I'm excited to see more from this collection. :)

      Delete
  5. This vintage costume is really adorable.

    ReplyDelete

***ATTENTION*** I will not publish comments that contain offensive subject matter or self promotion (advertisements or links to your website). I have never commented spam on your blog so please do not spam mine.
\( ^ - ^ )/
Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...​​