Saturday, 30 July 2016

July 2016


Life Stuff

I'm so frustrated and strung out thanks to wedding shit! :D

Some of you may recall that I went on vacation in early July. It was okay. I got to take some photos of the nearby fields but there wasn't a lot going on. There have been a few bear sightings in the area, as a result I wasn't able to stray too far from the campgrounds. It was awfully hot out too, which left me feeling unmotivated for the majority of my holidays lol. I had a lot of family visiting at the trailer and alone time was scarce; admittedly, I just wanted to go home. But I got the marriage license which was the main goal, and I got to visit a folk art shop where I bought some sparkle lights.

Things improved by the end of my vacation when my fiancé came to pick me up. We visited a bakery in a neighboring small town, where we enjoyed delicious cupcakes. This will be our supplier for our wedding cupcakes! I tried a pink lemonade cupcake and a turtles cupcake (choco-caramel), my fiancé went for a salted caramel and vanilla cupcake. In the end we both chose not to order chocolate on the wedding day and I think that's fitting considering I'll be wearing white and him gray. While we were there we found a lovely restaurant where we made our wedding dinner reservations. I had asked for something private and they offered us a small secluded room. I was so excited about that because it's been my dream to have a private, romantic space to eat dinner together. We also drove around the beach looking for potential wedding photo spots. The above photo is one possibility, yes, that's me in rather normal clothes about to burst into laughter.


My decor for the wedding is almost complete, I have a few finishing touches. I recently bought cushions for my table and chair set and a crocheted tablecloth that I'll be dyeing pink to compliment my tea set. I also bought a porcelain rabbit figurine while I was visiting the bakery gift shop. I even found this cool big ass pocket watch thing in an antique shop on the weekend. The only thing I'm missing is the drapery...but now my venue, which had been a pergola in a B&B, may no longer be an option. We've always needed a back up in case it rains, but recently the owner contacted me and seemed hesitant about me using the pergola...This has really got my nerves frayed but let's just hope it's a misunderstanding. I don't know where we'll go for photos if it doesn't work out.

I recently received my clip in bangs - what a relief! I've been having nightmares about my thin hair ruining my wedding photos. It's nice to have a bit of comfort knowing we can pretend I still have hair. I need to buy a bigger bun form and some makeup but I think that's it as far as cosmetics go. This weekend I'll be fixing up the dress. Also, we have a photographer now! Yay! I had found this cool artist photographer who totally gave me the brush off... I don't know why but she stopped responding to my emails and wouldn't even text me back. I only wrote her three times after she abruptly stopped, once every week. It was a month and a half before I gave up on trying with her. I can't even believe how unprofessional she was. Oh well! I found a much nicer photographer who takes lovely photos, maybe not as whimsical but she has an eye for romance. I'm stoked to be working with her and she's excited about our project. And the last bit of good news, we also just received our wedding rings, which I'm ecstatic about. My engagement ring will look so blinged out next to my wedding band. :)


Other Stuff

I have been sewing on and off. I don't get a lot of free time, except for when I'm home sick and I often have mobility issues that leave me weak and unable to do a lot of things. At one point before my vacation I sewed a lovely 90's peasant skirt. I'd like to make a top to go with it with a shirred elastic back. I've been putting off posting photos of the skirt and the tutorial because I thought I'd do the top but it's looking like I won't have time for the top, so you might see the tutorial this month. I've also been working on my Halloween folk art. I even made a miniature tombstone tutorial that will be posted in the coming weeks. :) Halloween is coming and I'm excited! Other good news is I've officially launched my Etsy shop for vintage patterns and already made three sales. I hope I continue to make sales so I can replenish my finances. The wedding has costs me more than I imagined and hopefully I'll be able to make up for it once I post more patterns and finish another PDF pattern for my other Etsy shop.

How have things been for you, my lovelies?

Best,

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry your vacay didn't turn out the way you had hoped, but good on you for getting so many things done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ecstatic to be getting things done! :) It feels like I'm making progress, a month ago I would've said differently. Now the big thing is finishing off my dress and then the big day will be here before we know it!

      Delete
  2. Well, I know you've had some downs, but it sounds like to me, everything is going to turn out fantastic! I am so excited! So happy you found a good photographer! You look great in that picture! I have went past worrying about my hair anymore. This is me! But, I do understand truly, where you are coming from! Congrats on your Etsy shop! Happy Sales! I just came back from Bancroft! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Etsy has been doing well so far, a few sales and hopefully soon a few happy customers (waiting for packages to be received is nerve wracking). It's difficult with my hair situation because I don't know if it's long term or not, but the bigger thing is having it at my wedding. I brush it off as far as every day stuff goes, I can't help it, but I don't want to look back at my wedding pictures and be reminded of that struggle. Thankfully I have the fake bangs, I'm going to write a review on them eventually. :) Welcome back from Bancroft! - I've passed it but never been!

      Delete
  3. Weddings always seem so stressful, especially the photographers hunt (currently have three friends working on their weddings and they all have had issues with that!) best of luck for the next planning times, I am sure it will be great in the end!

    ReplyDelete

***ATTENTION*** I will not publish comments that contain offensive subject matter or self promotion (advertisements or links to your website). I have never commented spam on your blog so please do not spam mine.
\( ^ - ^ )/
Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...​​