Friday, 23 January 2015

Drawing Fashion


Just Killing Time

I don't exactly have a reason to be killing time today. I'm sick and I have no real motivation to do any actual work or sewing. I have a full shift tomorrow, for the first time in weeks, and I need to get better for it. I should spend the whole day napping, but on sick days like today I remain wide awake and not willing to stray far from my bed. My options are; watch things on my computer, read, or draw. Today I opted to draw because I haven't done it in a while. 

I like to draw all kinds of different stuff but the one thing I particularly enjoy drawing is fashion. It's just another creative outlet for me. It combines my love of fashion with my passion for creating art. I often draw the things I plan on sewing, or am sewing at that time, to help visualize the final outcome or perhaps how I might wear that particular garment. It's a wonderful pastime and although I've long since abandoned my career as an artist, I find myself coming back to this hobby again and again. Even when I'm watching tv or talking to someone, I'll have my sketchbook at hand because I need to get an idea down on paper. I have books and books full of comic style doodles and fashion drawings, so many of which I had hoped to publish or create some day. I may share some more drawings on this blog in the future.

Do you draw? Fashion or otherwise? Even if you don't think you're a stellar artist, if you sew, I think drawing fashion could be a fun thing for you try out. :)

I'm off to sleep again! Best wishes~





12 comments:

  1. I really like your layout! Very nice! I cannot draw but your drawings are really nice. I hope you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly, I love this new layout-- very classy.

    My sketch books have gathered a fair share of dust. There was a time I used to sketch my design ideas rather diligently as they came, but it slowly dwindled into not at all. I could hypothetically work off those sketches for the rest of my life with everything else I want to sew, heh... but ever since The Curious Dr. Z posted about journaling for Bat Fit, I decided to dust them off.
    It is quite the outlet, albeit frustrating at time-- I want to be able to put more effort in the process than I normally have, down to choosing the swatches for that particular garment in a portfolio style manner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wanted to have a template that looked more professional.

      I've been intending to do swatches with my sketches too! I'd like to have one sketchbook dedicated to sewing stuff in the future. I know what it's like to go through a drawing dry spell, despite having gone to school for art, I never really drew for myself during that time. It's nice to get back to it. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow how absolutely gorgeous are these sketches! You are such an amazing designer, I always love what you create!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I hope to be creating a lot more this year. :)

      Delete
    2. Wow your drawings are amazing... Especially how well you do sheer fabric? Do you do art professionally? Looks very pro

      Delete
    3. Thank you! I went to school for art but right now I'm an assistant dog groomer lol, it's a far cry from what I was aiming for. My fiance and I are working toward making mobile video games but I find I'm more passionate about fashion, crafts and comics. :)

      Delete
    4. You're really good. If you aren't freelancing already you should be!

      Delete
    5. I've thought about it, perhaps I'll give it a try. :)

      Delete
  4. These drawings are so lovely <3 I'm a sucker for ruffles and sheer sleeves!

    I hope to get into fashion school next year but I've yet to be able to draw bodies without a reference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought about going to fashion school but I hear it's very competitive and the drafting portion requires a decent understanding of mathematics (I'm terrible at math lol). If you want to improve your drawings you should attend life drawing sessions, they were a huge help for me in my undergrad! :)

      Delete

***ATTENTION*** I will not publish comments that contain offensive subject matter or self promotion (advertisements or links to your website). I have never commented spam on your blog so please do not spam mine.
\( ^ - ^ )/
Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...​​