Monday, 22 December 2014

Holiday Party Dresses

What to wear for the holidays

Everybody is knee deep in celebrations this time of year! So many family gatherings, big dinners, office parties; what's a girl to wear? You want to look your best for this holiday season, right? Well here are some great party dresses and accessories that I think you'll love!

*Celebrating New Years? Look for my New Year's fashion post coming up soon!*


Dresses featured in main photo:

Top Left - "Emily" Dress by Voodoo Vixen
Top Middle - "Betty Boo" by Voodoo Vixen
Top Right - "Blue Leopard" Dress by Voodoo Vixen
Bottom Left - "Faith" Dress by Stop Staring
Bottom Middle - Women's Sailor Girl Swing Dress in Red by Double Trouble
Bottom Right - "Jessica" Dress by Voodoo Vixen



Sweet Noelle

Polka dots are back on trend and have resurfaced in a number of fall and spring dress collections, and why shouldn't they? They're cute and classy! This green rockabilly dress from Hell Bunny is a rich and sultry green, I'm sure it will compliment many complexions. Pair it with sheer dress gloves for that extra touch of sophistication. For jewelry, I've selected this red agate heart necklace from Rock n' Rose, it has a classic vintage feel to it, which I felt would work well with Betsey Johnson's black heart earrings and this cute ring from Alchemy! To emphasize the silver in the jewelry, I've chosen to pair this outfit with silver glitter pumps and a silver sequin clutch. 

Dress - "Ashley" by Hell Bunny
Gloves - Ladies Sheer Sports Gloves from Dents
Earrings - Black Hearts Button Earrings from Betsey Johnson
Necklace - "Tiana" Red Agate Heart Necklace from Rock n' Rose
Ring - "Bed of Blood Roses" ring from Alchemy England
Purse -  "Play the Party" Clutch from Mod Cloth
Shoes - Gala Silver Pump Shoes from Betsey Johnson



Shabby Chic

I adore anything vintage in style, so when I found this jewelry set from Betsey Johnson I fell in love! It's so feminine and delicate but has a shabby chic feeling to it. It only seemed natural to pair the set with a gorgeous gold dress and this piece from Stop Staring is superb! It's sexy and classy. I love the twist at the bustline and the length is very modest. I accessorized using the "Mrs. Lower" clutch and shoes from Irregular Choice. I like how each piece has subtle differences in colours and textures, it generates just enough interest to keep this outfit from looking too unified. I think some dark maroon or black lipstick and sheer peach eyeshadow could really make this look pop.

Dress - "Fortune" Gold Dress from Stop Staring
Earrings - "Happy Pretty Pink" Heart Earrings from Betsey Johnson
Necklace - "Happy Pretty Pink" Heart Necklace from Betsey Johnson
Bracelet - "Pinktina" Opal Heart Bracelet from Betsey Johnson
Purse - "Mrs Lower" Clutch from Irregular Choice
Shoes - "Mrs Lower" Heels from Irregular Choice



Die Hard Romantic

For this mood board I was inspired by the dressier "romantic goth" styles, but I wanted to give it a vintage twist. This fabulous red and black lace dress oozes sex appeal; it's perfect for hugging those curves! Wear it with arm length black velvet gloves to add a touch of class. I accessorized using this necklace from Ghostlove as my departure point. I brought the white out of the cameo into these fantastic shoes from Bordello. It's also highlighted in this to-die-for clutch from Pinup Girl Clothing. Finish it all of with a black satin rose in your hair and your ready to rock your holiday dinner date!

Dress - Folly Flair Mermaid Dress by Deadly Dames
Gloves - Women's Long Velvet Evening Gloves by Dents
Hair Clip - Black Satin Rose from Sourpuss
Necklace - "Dark Maiden" Cameo Necklace by Ghostlove
Purse -  "Glitzy Ritz" Striped Clutch from Pinup Girl Clothing
Shoes - White Concealed Platform Peep-toe from Bordello



Pretty as a Peacock

I adore jewel tones. I realize they were in fashion like four years ago and have since been replaced by blush and linen, but I still find myself drawn to jewel tones! They're also rather unusual colours to be utilized in a gothic wardrobe, which I think is a good thing. We should experiment with colour and styling to achieve new, fantastic looks! In this mood board I've used a gorgeous dress which I would love to own. It's a flocked satin dress from Voodoo Vixen, called "Peacock Party". I love it's rich satin green and the playful cut of the dress. I think this would be great for the girly goth. I've paired it with this stellar purple stole from Rosie Fox. I brought that same purple into the shoes, using these hot pumps from Bordello. For accessories, I've selected this lovely jewelry set from Betsey Johnson which features rhinestone skulls in black settings. I absolutely love it! It's simple yet makes a statement. To finish the look I chose this silver purse from Sourpuss and a nice pair of black satin dress gloves. 

Dress - "Peacock Party" by Voodoo Vixen
Stole - Purple Faux Fur Stole by Rosie Fox
Gloves - Unknown Source
Earrings - Blackout Skull Earrings by Betsey Johnson
Necklace - Blackout Skull Pendant Necklace by Betsey Johnson
Purse - Women's "Super Floozy" Purse in Silver by Sourpuss
Shoes -  Rhinestone "Teeze" Heels in Purple by Bordello



In Living Colour!

Winter is the perfect time of year to add colour to your wardrobe. When it's looking too monochromatic outside it's time to add a splash of colour to your style; try these fantastic finds!

1. "Hattie" Dress by Voodoo Vixen
2. "Jessica" Dress in Blue by Gerry Roxby
3. Velvet Diva Dress in Ruby by Steady
4. Bats Dance Card Dress by Sourpuss



Black as Night

There's nothing like that good old dependable "little black dress". These three are my absolute favorites. The first is so sweet and innocent, the second is loud and proud, and the last is just simple and sexy. You can't go wrong with these dresses, they're super versatile because you can dress them up or dress them down. 

1. "Tabitha" Dress from H&R London
2. "Sofia" Dress from H&R London
3. "Joanie" Shimmer Houndstooth Dress by Sourpuss


Conclusion

There's a big wide world of party dresses out there for you to explore. You don't need a big budget to successfully complete these looks. With the fusion of goth and vintage you can pick up many similar items in thrift shops and antique stores. A simple black dress from any old fashion shop can be embellished and jazzed up for the holidays. For example, you might not think much of your basic polyester dress, but pair it with some satin shoes and costume jewelry and already you're looking dressier.

I know I'll be saving my pennies for some of the looks featured above! What are you wearing for the holidays?

*Don't miss my Christmas Giveaway! For anyone who loves cute things, enter now! Deadline is Christmas Eve at midnight (Toronto time!)*

Kind regards,

10 comments:

  1. I love red velvet for holiday parties. I like all of your looks here and also love your idea of white/shabby chic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love red velvet, that's like the archetypal holiday dress material. :)

      Delete
  2. Hm...I love your looks, especially the "Shabby Chic" set, but the "Hattie" Dress by Voodoo Vixen and th "Sofia" Dress from H&R London are my favorites. Unfortunately we always celebrate Christmas at home and this year I'm going to spend NewYear's Eve at a friend's place, playing board games, so no party dress is required, but if there would happen to be an occasion I'd wear an emerald velvet pencil dress with ruffle sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like these looks! I'm very in love with the Shabby Chic set, it's so feminine. I don't have any reason to dress fancy this year either, I just dressed rather ordinary for Christmas, but for New Years I'm trying to finish off an emerald green satin dress I started over a year ago. :)

      Delete
  3. Everything is so lavish and delicious. I don't have any occasions to look absolutely pinup-like and glamorous at, but if I did I'd bedeck myself in that first little green number ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the green dress!! My obsession with pinup glamour comes and goes, but once fancy dress days come upon us I can't stop thinking about full skirt dresses and sultry sheaths!!

      Delete
  4. Great post! Everything is so beautiful! Love the styles!
    I am sorry about your giveaway!
    Merry Christmas ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy you liked this post. :) It's okay about my giveaway, I don't have enough followers to generate interest, but I thought it was worth a try. Maybe another time! Merry Christmas. ^-^

      Delete
  5. I LOVE your choices! Especially that purple stole :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Isn't that stole hot?! Sadly it's no longer available through her site, but Rosie Fox has a few different coloured stoles in store. I saved her to my bookmarks so I can buy one some day.

      Delete

***ATTENTION*** I will not publish comments that contain offensive subject matter or self promotion (advertisements or links to your website). I have never commented spam on your blog so please do not spam mine.
\( ^ - ^ )/
Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...​​